The self storage industry in the United States has now reached $38 billion. What is it that is keeping up the need to grow the annual revenue of the industry? This infographic created by Rob Memery at 2Flow helps explain the constantly growing industry and if the new frontier may indeed be Europe.
- $38 Billion: The amount of revenue the industry has generated in the United States alone
- 163: The number of self storage units per every 1 million Americans
- 3.7: The number of self storage units per every 1 million Europeans
- 90%: The percentage of the self storage industry that is in the United States alone
- $128: The average price of a 10×10 per month in the United States
- 45%: The occupancy needed at a facility to break even
- 65%: The percentage of UK customers who are between the ages of 40-65 years